The SweetWater Microfilter makes water treatment easy. Simple, lightweight and versatile, it’s the perfect water treatment option for light to moderate use, with the capacity to easily step-up to the demands of the occasional big trip. It pumps easily with a 4:1 mechanical advantage, producing 1.25L per minute and can easily be cleaned in the field without tools to restore flow rates.
This is a highly portable water filtration and purification system. I can’t say enough good about it. You can trust your life to it…I do.
Microfilter Protection: Eliminates over 99.9999% of all waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of common protozoan parasites, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
Fresh Tasting Water: Activated carbon core helps eliminate taste and odors.
Easy to Use: Unique lever-action pump handle has a 4-to-1 mechanical advantage,
Lightweight: Weighing just 11 oz., it’s one of the lightest filters on the market.
Compact: Handle folds flat when not in use for easy packing and storage.
- Simply pump water and add the included MSR SweetWater Purifier Solution to innactivate 99.99% of waterborne viruses, bacteria and protozoan parasites
- Chlorine-based purification has no unpleasant iodine taste
- One of the easiest pumps to operate—features dual-action draw and a mechanical advantage to quickly supply you with clean water
- Sturdy lever-action pump handle provides a 4-to-1 mechanical advantage, drawing water on both the down and up stroke
- Lightweight copolyester construction is tough and durable; compact design stows easily
- Built-in filter replacement safety indicator keeps tabs on usage, filters up to 200 gal.
- Its 0.2 micron filter eliminates waterborne bacteria and protozoa such as giardia and Cryptosporidium
- SweetWater Purifier Solution is able to safely disinfect “worst case” water sources
- SweetWater Purifier Solution comes in a 2 fl. oz. bottle that treats up to 80 gal. of water
- Field serviceable and easy to clean with no small parts to lose; includes a universal bottle adapter and a cover to keep the output clean.
- Effective against protozoa – Yes
- Effective against bacteria – Yes
- Effective against viruses – Yes
- Effective against particulate – Yes
- Effective against chemicals/toxins – Yes
- Weight: 11 oz / 320 g
- Width: 2 in / 5 cm
- Length: 7.5 in / 19 cm
- Filter media: Silica Depth
- Filter pore size: 0.2 microns
- Flow (L/min): 1 liters per min
- Flow (strokes per liter): 75
- Cartridge life: 750+ liters
- Field cleanable: Yes
- Water Bottle Adapter: Yes
- Cartridge replacement indicator: Yes
- Country of Origin: Made in Seattle, USA
The MSR Sweetwater system will cost you about $75.00 on Amazon. Add in a Siltstopper to help length the life of your unit. The Siltstopper will run you an additional $15 or so. Money well spent to have high-quality equipment providing you with clean, pure water when it is needed most. “BUY!”