I never thought I would be writing an article like this, I hoped I would never even consider it. But, now is the time I feel very prompted to do write it. This article will be long and require thinking to fully grasp what I am getting at. If you aren’t prepared to do both, read & think, then this is probably not an article for you. But if you do read this article you may find yourself in a much better prepared state of mind for the things to come and to understand things as they are now. And this is a WARNING!
Yesterday morning I began seeing some very, very disturbing information and trends. I spent a good deal of yesterday researching information to prove or disprove my overall impression of current events. Not a single news item surfaced to indicate that I was wrong in my feeling of what was taking place. This series of articles is the outcome of my research.
When I started this website I wanted a place where people could come and do a couple of things. Two of the primary goals were:
- Provide rock-solid, straight-forward preparedness information that you can use right now. Everything that I put forward are things that I have done and proven them to work. These are not some fanciful “theories” that are for entertainment. These concepts and ideas are to help you and your family to survive whatever disaster or emergency that comes your way, even something as serious as “grid-down.”
- To preach the concepts of liberty and freedom, and to expose you to the threats that we face today that are destroying both. To help provide a way for you to have better Situational Awareness and see the threats in the world for what they are, not through your personal bias or that of another. This goal opens the door for #1 above to come into play when the time comes.
This article is strictly to help you understand what I think, (yes, my opinion) of what is happening. But why now?
Because in the last week, this week, events are occurring that I believe are setting up for a potential significant catastrophic incident. And I believe that incident could occur at any time and I want you to be aware of this and make moves to be ready for it.
Now, I understand the risk I run that I am sounding an alarm. And what is the result if what I am worried about, and warning you about, doesn’t happen? I do understand that I could lose credibility in some people’s eyes. I am fully prepared to accept that, I think this is that important and potentially catastrophic.
To get the full impact of what I am talking about I would encourage you to read the following articles prior to proceeding. However, if you haven’t, or don’t, I will still attempt to provide a complete enough article to make my points. The related articles:
- Threats, Risk, Matrix, Mitigation : Part 1
- Threats, Risk, Matrix, Mitigation : Part 2
- Threats, Risk, Matrix, Mitigation : Part 3
- Threats, Risk, Matrix, Mitigation : Part 4
- Things that make my head explode: #1
- Things that make my head explode: #2
- The Irony of National Police Week and “prepping”
- Situational Awareness: Part 1 – Introduction
- Situational Awareness: Part 2 – Micro & Macro SA
- Situational Awareness: Part 3 – Barriers to SA
- Situational Awareness: Part 4 – Team SA
- Situational Awareness (SA) : Learning to Dig – Part #1
- Situational Awareness (SA) : Learning to Dig – Part #2
- Situational Awareness : Dumb & Dumber
Yes, I know it is a lot of reading but it would really help you to understand what I am about to share with you. But, no worries, if you don’t read it you will still understand my warning.
In my article Threats, Risk, Matrix, Mitigation : Part 3 I laid out my may case that the #1 threat that America faces today is a “police state.” If you think this through with a completely open mind, accepting unbiased facts and statistics, you will know it to be true. When you review the definition of “police state” you get this creepy feeling that we are there. But, additionally you must look at the definition of “authoritarian government” in addition to police state. Here are both:
Police state –
A police state exists when a government that exercises power arbitrarily through the police. Inhabitants of a police state will experience restrictions on their mobility, or on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views. Inhabitants are subject to wide-spread monitoring by police. Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state. The police state government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the people.
Seven signs that a police state exists:
- Raids, harassment, and intimidation of citizens, especially dissidents, by police.
- Militarization of domestic law enforcement.
- Disproportionate prison sentences for political activists.
- Creation of new laws for people because of their political beliefs.
- Creation of special prison and police units.
- Pervasive use of surveillance.
- Criminalization of ideology.
So what do you think? Do we have a police state or not? Let’s explore it…
A police state exists when a government that exercises power arbitrarily through the police. Happens all the time. There is significant disparity between classes and races of people and how they are treated by law enforcement and the legal system.
Inhabitants of a police state will experience restrictions on their mobility, or on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views. Yes, again. We have citizenship check points, DUI check points, TSA check points, and multiple law enforcement tactics that prevent freedom of mobility. All major cities, colleges, universities and the US government only allow freedom of speech in “free speech zones” established by the governing body. To hold a “legal” protest cities require you to obtain permission.
Inhabitants are subject to police wide-spread monitoring. We have that and then some. Virtually every intersection in cities and even small towns have video cameras. All public buildings have them. And major roadway also have video and other monitoring devices. Every level of law enforcement uses “sting-ray” gathering of cell phone information. The federal government collects and stores every cell phone call, every text message, every email, every Internet website visit and search of every American.
Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state. The NSA, FBI, CIA, DIA, and many other federal law enforcement agencies utilize secret police forces whose members are known only to that agency. The agencies also utilize a secret court system (FISA) where nothing is public, no defendants have a right to defend themselves and the Constitution does not apply. The NDAA, Patriot Act and a host of other laws and Executive Orders by-pass the Constitution and allow for indefinite detention and assassination of US citizens.
The police state government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the people. The entire economy of the US is regulated by the US government, the political life and social life a little less so. But people are not free to conduct themselves socially and politically as they wish. Many levels of government monitor and regulate political activities.
Seven signs that a police state exists:
- Raids, harassment, and intimidation of citizens, especially dissidents, by police. Yes, happens often and is wide-spread. It happens to civil rights activities and movements, any anti-government rally or activity or group.
- Militarization of domestic law enforcement. Proven beyond any doubt that this has occurred in the United States.
- Disproportionate prison sentences for political activists. This is a bit tricky. The “system” doesn’t charge people for political activities, they wait until there is a real or alleged violation of some other law(s) and then aggressively prosecute those violations.
- Creation of new laws for people because of their political beliefs. Yes, happening for decades. Progressives and liberals are on the benefit side of this one, the conservatives on the losing side. The legalization of abortion and gay marriage just two examples. The criminalization of practicing Christianity at any public event is another.
- Creation of special prison and police units. The Patriot Act and the NDAA have authorized the creation of prisons (dark and otherwise) to hold citizens or non-citizens indefinitely outside of the Constitutional legal system. Most notable example is Gitmo.
- Pervasive use of surveillance. Surveillance cameras at almost every street intersection and throughout public buildings and locations. Plus the wide-spread use of spy drones within the US borders. The FBI, NSA, and other federal and state agencies surveilling all forms of communications. The law enforcement use of license plate scanners without the use of the legal/court system, warrants, etc.
- Criminalization of ideology. Multiple court decisions and legislation at the state and federal level lately have criminalized certain Christian beliefs and practices. As well as forcing people, via the legal system, to perform acts that are not in agreement with their personal or religious values. The most convincing evidence of this ideology criminalization taking place is DHS/FBI/NSA describing domestic terrorists in America as:
- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;
- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;
- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);
- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;
- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;
- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty;”
- Anti-abortion advocates (aka Pro-Life).
- And let us not forget the 2009 FBI report that had these listed as potential American domestic terrorists:
- Bulk purchasers of food;
- People who pay cash;
- People who want internet privacy;
- People who display “liberty” or “freedom” oriented bumper stickers;
- And my personal favorite…”people who display the American flag.”
The only conclusion that I can come to, and I believe any thinking person can conclude, is that we without any doubt, without any qualification live in a police state here in the United States.
Authoritarian government –
Once again, there is no single clear definition of authoritarian government. I will combine and clarify the related sources for use here in the article.
- There are constraints on political institutions and groups.
- Legitimacy of governmental action based on emotion, especially the identification of the regime as a necessary evil to combat “easily recognizable societal problems.”
- There are constraints on the mass public (such as repressive tactics against opponents and a prohibition of anti-regime activity.
- Ill-defined” executive power.
Citizens of an authoritarian government are predominantly recognized by an expectation of expecting or requiring people to obey rules or laws to the point of restricting or eliminating personal freedom. Expecting blind submission to authority. The concentration of power in a single leaders or an elitist group or ruling class. An authoritarian government exists where individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state.
Once again, let’s test it:
- There are constraints on political institutions and groups. Yes, we have an entrenched two-party system that our Founding Fathers warned us about. To get into elected office is virtually impossible unless you belong to one party or the other.
- Legitimacy of governmental action based on emotion, especially the identification of the regime as a necessary evil to combat “easily recognizable societal problems.” This is wide-spread and growing. The government at every level is always trying to cure “societal problems” based on the party in power.
- There are constraints on the mass public such as repressive tactics against opponents and a prohibition of anti-regime activity. This was well documented under the “police state” section.
- Ill-defined” executive power. Each President for the last five or so have continued to massively expand Presidential powers. At times through Executive Orders, at other simply by taking executive actions in government departments without the approval of Congress. The different bureaucratic arms of government (executive power) issue tens of thousands of rules and restrictions each year completely outside of the Constitutional legislative process. The current president does as he wishes ignoring Congress and the court system in pursuit of their ideological driven agenda.
Citizens of an authoritarian government are predominantly recognized by an expectation of expecting or requiring people to obey rules or laws to the point of restricting or eliminating personal freedom. We are constantly seeing laws and policies where people are not allowed to control what they do with their own land, build their own homes, what they can plant in their own yard, how they can earn a living, how they can handle their cash transactions at their own bank and a long list of other restrictions on personal freedom.
Expecting blind submission to authority. Law enforcement agencies have implemented a “comply or die” police nation-wide. There is no tolerance for any objection to police treatment, you are expected to comply with anything they tell you as soon as they tell you. Police are virtually immune to citizen complaints of abuse. Governing bodies have the ability to commit a civil asset forfeiture outside of the legal and court systems. Curfews, tantamount to martial law, are used regularly by law enforcement agencies in conjunction with governmental bodies.
The concentration of power in a single leader or an elitist group or ruling class. Members of the ruling class, albeit Congressmen, Senators or City Councilmen, are treated as the ruling class, as is law enforcement. They live by a different sets of laws, standards and rules than the average citizen.
An authoritarian government exists where individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state. This is self-evident. There is no individual freedom compared to the government, especially the federal government. The federal government subordinates all personal freedom through laws, regulations, policies, Executive Orders, or bureaucratic edicts.
The conclusion is clear – we live under an authoritarian government.
Here is the real problem, authoritarian government is only a “step,” it is not the end result. The end result is a “totalitarian government.” And that is defined as – well, do you really want to me to go there? We are talking Communist China, Russia, the old Soviet Union, North Korea, and the old Nazi Germany as prime examples of totalitarian governments.
So where am I going with all of this? It started last night as I was watching the news. Well, technically it started yesterday as I was reading several news stories and started to see a clear pattern that has been building for quite a while now, but was coming together yesterday.
Governments who wish to control (i.e. manipulate) their citizens to solidify the position of unstable leadership rely on two time-proven methods; 1) they create an external threat that appears to be very dangerous, 2) they create an internal threat that appears to be very dangerous.
By doing so the leadership that is unstable creates and atmosphere to rally citizens of that country together, via nationalism, against the ugly enemy from outside their borders that threatens their very existence and traditional way of life.
Then that same insecure government uses a campaign of propaganda against certain groups inside of their borders creating a sense of hatred. That hatred usually manifests itself against the very people that are point out the government’s instability and abandonment of positive national traditions.
Examples of countries that have used this methodology in the recent past very effectively were; Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Japan, and People’s Republic of China. Countries that are using it extremely effectively today are; North Korea, Iran, and Russia.
These countries use a real or manufactured external threat to create a hyper-nationalism rallying their citizens against that threat. In conjunction with that, the governments will also create a perception that there is a significant internal enemy that also threatens the very existence of the country. That is to further a hyper-sense of patriotism and support for their government.
Look at it like this – We all have a family, good or bad. We will have fights with our brothers and sisters and sometimes really get ticked at our parents. But let the next door neighbors threaten a family member and the whole family pulls together to fight the threat from the neighbor. Governments and countries are no different.
But here is the bombshell, maybe not, that I want to share with you – The United States is doing the same thing right now. Why? Because our government leadership is very unstable. Our economy is suffering, we are fractured as a people, we have significant problems in this country that the clock is running out on. But we are not alone.
- China is massively expanding in the China Sea area. While countries, including the USA, are protesting, it is not even slowing China’s military expansion.
- Russia is expanding in Europe. The US has absolutely no impact on Russia and their expansion in Europe, Russia is doing as it pleases.
- Iran is gaining a nuclear weapon. Regardless of the propaganda coming out of the Obama White House, Iran is steadily working towards a nuclear weapon. Experts agree that they are within months of finishing the development for a weapons platform deployment. Additionally, Iran is not the preeminent power in the Middle East besides Israel. Iran is looked at as the only country with enough power and will to defeat ISIS. Even their long-time enemy Iraq has asked for their help.
- ISIS is kicking ass in the Middle East. No amount of US airstrikes is defeating ISIS, they continue to expand and win at every turn. They have been winning since their first shot was fired. The US is utterly incapable of stopping them, even if there was a desire to do so.
Why are all these things important? They clearly and indisputably show that America no longer projects power in the world, nor does any country or group fear or respect us. Why is that important? We are losing on the world stage.
Now look at the home front. Never, ever has this country been more divided in the last couple of centuries than we are now. You would have to go all the way back to the Civil War some 150 years to see us more divided. We are divided along the following lines:
- Rich vs. poor : the income and wealth gaps are rapidly, dramatically increasing and jobs are disappearing.
- White vs. black : this category goes without explanation, it is obviously evident.
- Citizen vs. illegal immigrant : illegal immigration is being encouraged by the President at an unprecedented level. It is not only illegal immigration from south of the border but from a long list of Islamic countries.
- Non-christian vs. Christian : Never in the history of our country has Christianity and Christians been under more persecution and attack as it is now. At every level from the military to the school districts Christians are under attack and being forced and penalized to violate their beliefs in favor of the nationalist government.
- Cop vs. citizen : The amount of vicious and brutal attacks at the hands of police are exponentially growing to an unheard of level. The amount of police “us vs. them” mentality converting into murders and abuse at the hands of police has never been greater. And it is getting worse.
So why are those items of note meaningful to this discussion? Because it represents a huge threat to the country as a whole. The old saying “United we stand, divided we fall” is the telling historical lesson in this situation.
And a note or two about the economy. Everyone except for the super-rich, government employees and a large swath of liberals/progressives know that the economy is in horrible condition. Every single objective measure of the economy is clearly showing the economy is tanking faster and faster each day.
The only single part of the economy that appears to be doing well is the stock market. It crashed in 2007 – 2008 losing the average person trillions of dollars in wealth. All of the richest institutions were bailed out by the federal government, they lost nothing.
Since that time the stock market has almost doubled in value since the crash. But how good of a recovery is that really? The Federal Reserve has “printed” trillions of dollars since the crash and that has artificially pumped up the stock market. Additionally, the national debt has more than doubled. There is not a single credible expert that feels that the national debt or unfunded liabilities can ever be paid. The economy represents that in every way. Our economic and financial system is sinking with no hope of saving it.
Why is that important? When people can’t pay their bills, lose their homes, have trouble feeding their children and can’t see a hopeful future financially…they lose hope. Hopelessness is the #1 reason of suicide. In my article It’s Coming! – Why and how they will do it… I go into the subject of national suicide.
Thank you for reading my article. This is extremely important to me and I think of major impact to you individually and the nation as a whole. I hope you have gained something for this article and the next in this series will be posted in the morning. In the next article in this series I will go into the most significant danger we face, what the future holds and how to deal with it.
Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.