On 11/17/2015 I posted a “Heads Up!” article. At the very end of the article I posted a picture with a quote attributed to Valerie Jarrett. In that quote it states she says:
- She was born in Iran.
- That she is Muslim.
- She wants to make America a more Islamic country.
As I was doing some investigation on another, but related, subject I came across information that leads me to believe that the quote is not correct. I have changed the original article to withdraw the quote and associated information. This is what I was able to verify:
- Jarrett was born in Shiraz, Iran. However, her parents are American. Jarrett spent her early childhood in Iran.
- To the best of my research Ms Jarrett has not identified her religion publicly. Therefore, I can’t in good conscious validate her religious ties, if any.
- She has never identified herself as Muslim. Actually, one of her grandfathers is Jewish according to reliable sources and publicized on TV (Roots).
- In February, 2015 she attended a meeting in the White House of American’s Muslim leaders but there is no evidence she was there as a “Muslim leader”, but rather in her role as senior adviser to Obama.
- Judicial Watch obtained FBI files through FOIA, that Jarrett’s maternal grandfather and father-in-law were Communists. And both were under investigation by the FBI for their activities related to their Communist associations. At least one of those associations included a Soviet agent. However, those same FBI files made no mention of her connection religiously to Islam.
To Ms Jarrett, I apologize to you personally for my mistake in the article. I invite you to state publicly what religion you profess, if any. That might help to clear up any misunderstandings in the future.