Yesterday day I began this possibly unsettling, possibly provocative article. But, that question has been asked of me many times and I felt it deserved some attention. Why? Because it is pertinent to today’s circumstances. We’ve had Bunkerville and Burns…plus other similar events recently. And this is just the beginning. People are waking up to the realization of a totally corrupt federal government. A government that is not interested in preserving the the rights, freedoms, and liberties of its citizens. The federal government today, and for the last 135 years has had one goal…accumulate power and wealth unto the political class.
“How close to Civil War are we?” has probably never been a more valid question in the last 170 years.
I left off yesterday asking the question –
Where are we today in the United States and are we setting up for rebellion or civil war?
- We have horrible race relations that have gotten worse by an order of magnitude at the hands of Obama. There have race-based riots taking place in the past year.
- We have many forms of “taxation without representation” against producers. Many people pay a combined total of 45 – 60% of the income they earn. And all polls and surveys show that 90% of citizens feel they have no say in what happens in Washington.
- We have a federal government that has no check or balance to it anymore, it is a virtual tyrannical institution. With the passage of the 17th Amendment, the states no longer can effectively stop the federal government steam roller.
- We have a huge divide economically between the top 1% of the wealthy and the other 99% of the country’s citizens. You have had protests and demonstrations over this issue in the past several years.
- We have a federal government taxing the producers (corporations) in this country at an unprecedented rate, the highest in the world. Companies are leaving the country in droves and taking good jobs with them.
- We have politicians running government, at leas the federal government, whose sole interest is the quest for power and money. Federal politicians only view citizens as a means to gain a political job…and then seek power and wealth.
- We have a huge nation debt incurred by a combination of war expenses and a huge welfare system combined with politicians who use federal money to buy votes. It is absolutely impossible to ever pay our national debt, or even substantially reduce it.
- And we have ideological differences that have divided the country to a level never seen in this country, at least as bad, if not worse, than the Civil War days. You have current political candidates that represent Socialism/Communism on one side, all the way to the other extreme, national fascism. While Constitutional-based candidates are scoffed at and mocked.
To me this adds up to only one possible, inevitable, outcome…civil war.
Now the question really is, at what level of death and devastation will the citizens suffer. And that suffering will no doubt be at the hands of the government when those politicians take action against those that they see as the rebels. The politicians, whether in Washington or state capitals, have only a single desire, mission…retain their own power.
We are already seeing a taste of it. Most demonstrations or protests are met with overwhelming police presence. When the strength of the regular police is insufficient, in come the paramilitary units with military-grade weaponry. When that is insufficient, the politicians don’t hesitate to call in the full weight of the military. That tells me that the politicians are ready, willing, and ready to use whatever force is necessary to crush opposition in order to maintain their power.
On the other hand, I see a growing base of demonstrators and protesters more willing to use violence against anyone and anything around them. And yes, there are a few “rebels” that seek peace but change. But, since they believe in defending themselves, the federal government sees them as particularly dangerous. Hence, you see the FBI killing of Robert “LaVoy” Finicum as a clear message to any individual “patriot” or group aligned with Constitutional principles.
History has proven over and over again that Americans are willing to demonstrate, protest, and even rebel against a wide range of injustices. America was founded on protests, demonstrations, and finally violent rebellion. The Declaration of Independence clearly demonstrates the right of, the duty of, Americans to resist, and if necessary overthrow, tyrannical forms of government.
History has also proven that government, including our own, will have no reservation in responding with whatever level of force and violence is required to put down any perceived challenge to their authority and power. The federal government will even kill its own veterans.
In 1932 desperately poor and out of work veterans went to Washington DC to ask that their Bonus Certificates from WWI be redeemed early so they could afford food and to keep their homes. The protest was peaceful until police attempted to breakup a camp of veterans and their families. Police escalated the situation by attacking the veteran’s families. As the veterans defended themselves police opened fire killing and injuring vets and family members alike.
The President then ordered the military to attack the camp. Military infantry, cavalry, and tanks attacked the camp under the command of General Douglas MacArthur. There was over 50 casualties of veterans that day at the hands of the Army, and the veteran’s camp was burned to the ground.
Our United States federal government, like any other government in the world, past or present, has only one goal…to maintain authority and grow its own power.
History has proven that there are certain common denominators for rebellion in our country:
- Deep ideological differences,
- Serious economic problems,
- Racial problems,
- Government’s willingness to use violence against US citizens,
- Over taxation, and
- Unresponsive federal government to the concerns of US citizens,
- A feeling of hopelessness by citizens that the government is no longer listening or acting to their benefit.
What real choice is there?
Again, rebellion is inevitable…it will occur. The only unanswered question is, how extreme will the government respond.
Current events point to a civil war…history ensures it.
For preppers this is yet another item of Situational Awareness to keep on the radar. It is not the reason to prepare. You should already be preparing, that is why you come to this website…you are preparing for emergencies, disasters, and even grid-down. That is just who you are, you want to be able to take of yourself, your family, and those closest to you.
But, I do ask the question…Is there anything else that you might be able to do to prepare for the coming civil war?
Again the answer is obvious…Yes, more of what you are already doing.
Finally, don’t worry about the coming civil war. That rebellion will come and you will have absolutely no power to stop it or diminish its devastation on this country. You, as a prepper, can only have your house in order and be prepared to group together with other like-minded people to protect your families, neighborhoods, and communities.
Which group will you find yourself in:
- The Constitution loving folks who see the government as part of the problem, or,
- The big government, anti-constituionalists, collectivists who think government is the solution.
The time to decide who you are is now. Later, after the rebellion starts, it may be difficult, if not impossible to have the option to choose which side you are on.
Prepare now! Your family needs you to.
You either “act”……..or you are “acted upon.”
Related Articles –
2016 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.