I wrote an article reviewing the model KRDB Workman Magnetic Mobile Antenna a little while back. In the article I mentioned two things –
- Crappy antenna and DO NOT BUY IT !
- A piece of plastic had broken and exposed the antenna wire and the internal base of the mount.
This article is going to show you –
- How to fix the problem if you have one of these antennas.
- How to reinforce the base if your antenna hasn’t broken yet.
Let’s review the problem…
The problem comes from –
- Extremely poor quality plastic.
- Extremely poor base design.
- Antenna wire moving around and stressing the plastic.
So I figure to fix the problem where it already exists I have to –
- Fill in the hole that exposes the internals of the base.
- Cover the exposed antenna wire.
- Stabilize the wire.
Enter Liquid Electrical Tape! Take a minute and read these two articles, they are short and will only take a minute –
So, I figure the best way to solve all three of the problems is to use liquid tape.
Now, you probably don’t own the Workman antenna if you are one of my regular website visitors. But, I wanted to show you the “fix” anyways. I want to give you general ideas on how to fix things, whatever it is. When emergencies, disasters, or grid-down hits you need to be able to fix just about anything, or know someone who can. You need to be able to analyze what the problem is and then make it work again.
Remember…liquid tape is your friend!
Related Articles –
- Workman Magnetic Mobile Antenna (KRDB) review
- TIP : Liquid Tape is great stuff !
- TIP : Performix Liquid Tape
2016 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.