I was looking for a way to leverage my single 12vDC cigarette outlet into four. That way I can run four chargers or devices at the same, mostly the Baofeng UV-5RA radio chargers. I could have used “splitters” but I wanted something more technologically correct and effcient.
I did a bunch of research and came up with several units that I thought would do the job really well. This review will cover one of those options. ..the XTG Technology – model# XTG-12VDUP.
I will be doing a series of reviews in the coming weeks of these “duplicator” units.
Here is the mission statement –
“Provide multiplication of a single 12vDC cigarette outlet into four 12vDC outlets.”
Requirements & Restrictions –
- Must not drawdown the battery while not in use.
- Must not draw excessive amounts of voltage for the unit’s operation.
- Must efficiently use battery voltage while charging radios.
Technical specs –
- 4 x 12vDC cigarette outlets.
- 1 x 5vDC USB outlet (1amp).
- 50” power cord with built-in 15amp replaceable fuse.
- Oulet #1 is “groved” for an actual cigarette lighter or similar device.
- 5.25” wide X 1.8” tall X 3” deep
- Plug has 50” of cord to it.
- Cord is heavy-duty.
- Built in 15a fuse to protect the unit.
- Socket outlets have dust covers for protection
- Red LED lets you know that the unit is powered-up.
- Plugs firmly into all of the 12vDCoutlets that I tried it on. Holds firm under all testing conditions.
- The top is vented to allow potential heat to dissipate so the unit is not weather resistant.
- It would have been kinda cool to have an on/off switch on it.
The unit did everything I asked of it and more. It is a solidly built unit that I trust.
A “buy!” recommendation.
ALSO…I will be reviewing four more 12vDC socket duplicators so be patient.
2016 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.