I was looking for a way to leverage my single 12vDC cigarette outlet into four. That way I can run four chargers or devices at the same, mostly the chargers. I could have used “splitters” but I wanted something more technologically correct.
I did a bunch of research and came up with two units that I thought would do the job really well. This review will cover one of those options. ..the Wagan 4-Way 12V Automotive Socket Extender / Duplicator.
Here is the mission statement –
“Provide multiplication of a single 12vDC cigarette outlet into four 12vDC outlets.”
Requirements & Restrictions –
- Must not drawdown the battery while not in use.
- Must not draw excessive amounts of voltage for the unit’s operation.
- Must efficiently use battery voltage while charging radios.
Technical specs –
- Size: 4.75 x 2.75 x 1.5″
- 4 x 12vDC cigarette outlets.
- 31″ medium duty cord.
- None that stuck out to me.
- The information said there was an “easily accessible fuse” but I was not able to find it, let alone access it.
- The top is vented to allow any potential heat to dissipate so the unit is not weather resistant.
- It would have been kinda cool to have an on/off switch on it.
Unfortunately, I am just not that crazy about this unit so I am going to give it a “Do Not Buy!” unless you are desperate. There are five reviews on 12vDC socket duplicators so be patient until you’ve read them all.
Related Articles –
2016 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.