Independence Day (a.k.a. 4th of July) commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. July 4th is a day celebrating declaring independence from Great Britain. However, it was on July 2, 1776 the American Revolution leadership declared the legal separation of the Thirteen Colonies from Great Britain after the American Congress had voted to do so. And the 4th is when the declaration was actually signed the document. .
Interesting to remember, open warfare had broken out a year earlier between the tyrannical British government and American’s wanting freedom and liberty.
“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands…”
The Declaration of Independence was all about throwing off the tyranny that had been imposed upon them by the British ruling class. In other words, Americans were fed-up with the tyranny they lived under and were finally doing something really serious about it. The Declaration of Independence was an explanation of what they were doing and why.
But you also have to understand by what “authority” they felt they had to take such drastic actions –
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government…”
They stated unequivocally what the problem was with the British government –
“…the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States…”
If you are reading this post you are more than likely not a first visitor to this website. And that being the case, you know I am not some blogger that wants to be all warm and fuzzy. I don’t believe in sugar-coating currents events and I sure don’t want to give false hope and impressions of what is going on or where our country is headed. I always want to give you straight honest answers. But remember, these are only my opinions. Seek out, research, and come to your own conclusions of what is happening in our country today and why. In this day and age of misinformation I want you to trust no one but yourself; and hopefully your spouse. I am confident you can figure out this situation, I just want to share some thoughts that I think are important to where we are as a country right now.
The American Revolution listed approximately 26 grievances against the government of Britain. Among those I found these to be very interesting:
- He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
- He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.
- He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
- He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
- He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
- For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
- For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
- For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
- For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
- For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offenses.
Let me make a note of those just for conversation’s sake:
- He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries. Judges now “make” law, are appointed by the President, serve for life, paid by the government (who sets their pay scale), and the Supreme Court is untouchable even when ruling against the Constitution.
- He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance. The layers of government local-to-federal now number in the 10’s of millions of employees. All serving in a system that can arbitrarily create policy and regulation that carry the force of law.
- He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures. Not only do we have a huge standing Army, we have a huge standing Air Force, Navy, Marines and National Guard. Then when you factor in the nearly 1.5million law enforcement officers that are militarized you have a situation that dwarfs what the Declaration of Independence complains about.
- He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power. Our military now has unlimited powers, via the NDAA, that even within the borders of the US. Posse Comitatis is no longer recognized by the federal government or the military. The military is free to arrest, detain, ship to another country, or kill any US citizen within the borders of the USA by the simple order of the President, and in some cases, by local military commanders.
- He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation: Our government has now subjugated US law to UN law, agreements, etc. that are in direct opposition to US law. In many legal jurisdictions now, Sharia Law (Islamic religious law) is now recognized as superior to US law.
- For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us: One only needs to look at the nearly 1.5million law enforcers stationed throughout every community, at every possible level of government, to understand this problem. There is little resemblance of yesterday’s peace officers to today’s fully militarized law enforcement officers who operate at the whim and will of federal guidance and political direction.
- For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States: The entire body of Senators and Representatives, as well as most of the Legislative branch of government are immune to arrest and prosecution for the crimes they commit. We see one politician after another commit serious crimes with absolute impunity. Such is the benefit of the political/ruling class.
- For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent: This goes without saying. But it is even worse than you might think at first pass. Not only does the government, at all levels, impose taxes and fees on its citizens at will and without authority or permission…it also eliminates the payment of income taxes by those they wish to exempt. It has gotten so bad that over half of the country’s citizens pay no income taxes while the minority of the population support the entire country’s finances…including the immense welfare system that the majority non-taxpayers benefit from.
- For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury: The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), the previous Patriot Act, and the present Freedom Act…as well as a host of non-laws (Presidential Directives) have eliminated the effect of the Sixth Amendment found in the Constitution’s Bill of Rights. The government can, at its own discretion, deprive citizens of rights, property, freedoms through the imposition of “policy” enforced by police. And they do so to the tune of 10’s of billions of dollars each year with impunity. There is little to no defense against such arbitrary civil forfeiture acts of government in today’s system. The current push for “no fly – no buy” gun control is just the latest example.
- For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offenses. The policy currently in use and in force by the US government is called “rendition.” The current policy of rendition is the government sponsored kidnapping and extrajudicial transfer of a person from one country to another to avoid the US legal system. And is so doing allows the torture and indefinite detention or execution of prisoners that the US federal government wishes to impose upon.
So, I guess some things haven’t changed.
Well, that isn’t exactly true:
- We are taxed by the government far more heavily now than just prior to the American Revolution.
- We are regulated by the government far more so now than just prior to the American Revolution.
- The ruling government is far more controlling over the population than just prior to the American Revolution.
- As percentage of population, we have far more government officials, bureaucrats, and regulators than just prior to the American Revolution.
- As a percentage of population, we have far more law enforcement officers than just prior to the American Revolution.
- We have far more laws, regulations, rules, policies, and codes than just prior to the American Revolution.
- As a percentage of population, we have far more politicians than just prior to the American Revolution.
- As a percentage of population, we have far more people in jails and prisons than just prior to the American Revolution.
Pretty much according to every negative aspect of life just prior to the American Revolution, we have it tenfold worse here in our lives, in our good ole’ USA.
So what does that mean? To answer that question let’s look at who signed the Declaration of Independence:
Heyward Jr., Thomas
Lee, Francis Lightfoot
Lee, Richard Henry
Lynch Jr., Thomas
Nelson Jr., Thomas
Paine, Robert Treat
Collectively how do we refer to these men today?
We call them, or at least use to call them, patriots and Founding Fathers. We revere them, we honor them, we appreciate their great sacrifices that they made in founding our country and providing a rich heritage of freedom, rights and liberty.
But what if all of that Declaration of Independence activity was all occurring in today’s world? What if a group of well-known and honorable men got together, outlined a long list of unjust tyrannical actions of today’s government? And then they declared that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish that government, and to institute new government. What would happen to these individuals?
Well, let’s look at what DHS and the FBI has to say about it.
You are considered a potential domestic terrorist if you are any of the following:
• Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;
• Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;
• People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);
• Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;
• Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;
• People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty;”
• Anti-abortion advocates (a.k.a. Pro-Life).
• Bulk purchasers of food.
• People who pay cash.
• People who want internet privacy.
• People who display “liberty” or “freedom” oriented bumper stickers.
So there is little doubt if the Declaration of Independence was written and signed today, all of those original Founding Fathers, all those patriots, would be swept up in massive FBI raids, using no-knock raids with fully-militarized SWAT forces driving military armored vehicles.
What does that tell you about the condition of our country today? What does that say of our freedoms, rights and liberties? What does it say of our massive system of government, especially at the federal level?
What does it all have to do with an “emergency preparedness” website?
Let me make it real clear for you…The #1 threat to America today is the police state. No, not the threat of a police state…the police state that we live under right now. And that very same police state that grows stronger each and every day.
At some point an event will occur, and the country will be thrown into confusion and chaos the likes of which you have never ever seen before in history. And when that happens the grid will come smashing down and it will come down completely. When that happens I want you and your family to be prepared. Better yet I want you to have a group of preparedness advocates organized and supportive of each other. And best of all…if you could have a whole community ready for emergencies and disasters…that would be my dream!
Folks it is coming. I assure you of that. Our country, our debt, our government can’t survive much longer…history has proven that over and over again. Please prepare yourself and your family for the emergencies and disasters that are coming.
In the mean time you will be ready for wildfires, recessions, hurricanes, earthquakes, unemployment, retirement and most other natural and man-made disasters as well. Just please understand what we are dealing with right now…and what is coming in the near future. Please prepare yourself and your family.
And while you’re at it…enjoy your 4th of July, Independence Day, by remembering what this day represents, who was there originally, why they were there and what principles they believed in. Live today with happiness, enjoying your family and friends.
2016 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.