Pretty catchy title, eh? I thought so. Has a really nice ring to it and I figured it would get your attention. But it is the substance of this article, and the ones to follow, that I hope will really make a difference in your life. Here’s how…
Obviously you know this is an emergency preparedness website. I try to provide you with information that will prepare you and your family to handle (survive and thrive) emergencies, disasters, or grid-down events. I spent a long time really researching and documenting the 30+ experience I have had in my career dealing with just such events. Then I looked hard at larger and more severe grid-down type events that have occurred here in the US but also, and predominantly, in other areas of the world. I am talking the really serious stuff. Through that process I identified that there are seven primary risks and threats to the average person during these three types of events, they are:
- Threat of violence resulting in death or injury.
- Threat of sickness or injury resulting in incapacitation or death.
- Lack of, or poor, communications with your family and/or the outside world.
- Lack of, or poor, organization to prepare for or respond to events.
- Threat of dehydration.
- Threat of exposure.
- Threat of starvation.
And yes, these are in priority order. Please don’t confuse these seven threats/risks with “survival priorities” that are associated with wilderness or even urban survival situations. Those two categories are specialized and immediate action events. When talking about my “seven” I am referring to large scale events. Although, for the most part there is significant cross-over in all of it.
The Plan –
So the whole “7 Days of September” program is going to look like this…
- For seven separate days in September I am going to concentrate on one of the seven risks/threats I identified above.
- I will present articles on each, ideas as well.
- I will then tell you what I did to address each of those seven areas.
- I will then ask you to do a minimum of one thing to address the threat/risk that is presented that day.
- I will ask for feedback, comments, and input on what you accomplished, or other ideas you may have on the subject.
What’s the Purpose?
Obviously I want to see you and your family prepared for what is coming. But, I really want to motivate you to take action in September. Of course you can take action, or continue your actions, prior to September…duh!
Do I feel something is coming that I want you ready for? Of course I do! The only drawback is I am not sure when it will strike, I just know it will strike. And the sooner you are prepared, or better prepared, the more secure you will feel, the more likely your family with survive/thrive, and the more I will feel that I am doing what I am supposed to.
So, all that being said…I invite you to join me in the 7 Days of September program starting four weeks from today. Let’s work together to better prepare. Let’s work together to better take care of our families. Let’s work together…we have to, to survive and thrive during the coming troubled times.
2016 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.