On 4/5/2016 we temporarily closed our doors to do our job…which is finding you the best price and performance radio! Radios that can be used everyday or during times of emergencies, disasters, or even during a grid-down event. I think we did our job really well.
My goal is to provide complete two-way radio packages that are ready-to-go for all of your emergency, disaster, or grid-down needs. That means you turn on the radio, press the button, and start talking. Yup, I want it to be that simple!
AHTrimble.com offers complete radio kits with all the needed accessories and each radio is fully programmed for your specific area and needs. We have done all the hard work finding the right accessories, tested each one thoroughly, and matched them to meet the best performance & price point you can find.
"I have to say that I almost spent way too much on some radios from Amazon. You were an answer to my prayers! I had no idea what I was looking for but after reading your articles about how anyone can own a Ham radio I knew I had to find out more. You made it so easy for me by modifying the radios you recommended with better antennas, programming them, and even adding a better battery! I never could have done all this on my own. I would have ended up with something that I would have no idea how to use....you made it possible for me and my family to have emergency communication. Thank you for always being easy to get in touch with and answering my questions. I'm hoping to get my license very soon!!! By the way, I loved your books!!!" Amanda, Texas
Our packages are broken into two types of kits; 1) basic, 2) advanced. Each package is meant to meet a particular need and allow anyone to get a fully functional two-way radio at an affordable price. The basic package will get your most essential needs met. The advanced package will step in an really get you going with a comprehensive radio set-up that can meet 90% of the average person’s needs.
If you are familiar with the “old” store, the “old” radio, and the “old” radio kits you will notice I now include the much more powerful Baofeng UV-5RMHP handheld radio. This little beauty can outperform the UV-5RA model by as much as 50 – 100% in some cases!
I posted a full review on it yesterday. < click here to read the review >
The downside to the Baofeng UV-5RMHP is its availability…there is only one US supplier that I was able to find. But…I was finally able to acquire a bulk purchase of the new Baofeng UV-5RMHP radios so they are ready to go on sale.
They are ready to use because I have been testing that new model for several months now and I am am confident that my testing has proven it to be a solid upgrade to the older, lesser-power UV-5RA radio. I also listened to my existing and potential customers and I have enhanced the “advanced” package quite a bit. The advanced package now includes –
- Cloning cable
- Aweek Covert Dual-Band Antenna (not currently available, will ship whenever it becomes available again).
- Arama Headset
I also replaced the Tram 1185 that had a standard connector with the Tram 1185 that has an SMA connector that connects directly to the radio without an adapter.
Speaking of which…I was able to purchase some components in larger qualities as well as finding a new supplier or two. Both of those moves helped keep the price in check. And, let me tell you, that was a challenge! As these little radios and accessories have become more popular they also became more expensive. I did a lot of sourcing of components…and some soul searching as well in order to keep the prices as low as I possibly can.
But, I am making money off of each radio I sell. Not a lot of money, but enough to keep paying for new prepper gear and equipment to purchase so I can evaluate that gear and equipment for posting reviews on the website. Selling the radios provides the reviews you read on this website. The money has to come from somewhere and I don’t want to turn this into a “paid” website or start splashing web ads all over it like some sites do.
And, that being said…thank you for trusting me with your purchases. It honors me to have your trust and I work hard to keep it. Thank you for the support.
So here are the new radio packages that I am offering for sale –
Basic Radio Set-Up:
- Baofeng UV-5MHP 7watt Radio
- Stubby antenna
- Rechargeable battery
- Charging cradle
- AC charging unit
- Ear piece
- RT Systems Programming Software
- 3800mAh rechargeable battery
- ExpertPower XP-771 Elite 14.5-Inch Dual Band Antenna
- I make all necessary modifications to the 3800mAh battery
- I install the belt clip
- I make the required modifications to the ExpertPower XP-771 Elite 14.5-Inch Dual Band Antenna
- I program the tactical channels for your radio
- I program the FRS/GMRS/MURS, and NOAA frequencies for your radio
- I program some special commonly used prepper frequencies into your radio
- I custom program the radio for repeaters in your area
- I check each component for quality individually and then as a complete unit
Cost for first radio kit = $205.00 (first radio) *
Cost for additional radio kits = $ 95.00 (each) *
Includes everything in the “Basic Radio Set-Up” plus…
- 12vDC charger adapter cable for charger cradle
- Tram 1185 magnetic mount dual-band antenna
- Tram coaxial cable adapter connector
- Speaker microphone
- Tenq Vps-001 Vehicle Power Supply
- MOLLE compatible carrying pouch
- Cloning cable
- Aweek UV-108UV Covert Dual-Band Antenna (ships whenever it becomes available again)
- Arama B380K01 Headset
- I test the 12vDC charger adapter and Tenq VPS for the right voltage
- I test the Tram 1185 and the AWEEK antennas for correction operation and SWR readings
- I test the speaker mic and Arama Headset for clarity of operation and fit
- Then I test the entire radio system together to ensure the proper transmission and reception operations
Cost for first radio kit = $299.00 (first radio) *
Cost for additional radio kits = $195.00 (each) *
* Price for each kit does not include shipping charges. I got burned too many times on shipping charges. Previously I included the shipping cost in the price but the “average” just didn’t cover it all. So now I will charge for shipping. But, only my cost for shipping to package fee or anything like that. Whatever the USPS price is will be the price I charge. It will run about $8 – $11 for a single radio kit. For 4 radio kits about $16 – $22. These are only estimates based on prior experience. I will bill you for the shipping once I know exactly what it will be.
Steps to buying radios –
- You decide which radio to buy and press “Add to Cart”
- You “Check Out” by pressing the “View Cart” button.
- You will then be abale to pay for your purchase via PayPal, including using a credit card if you don’t have a PayPal account.
- We will exchange a coupe of emails to ensure I am programming your radios to meet your needs.
- I will send you an invoice for the shipping charges.
- You pay for the shipping.
- I ship the radios to you.
Thank you and I look forward to meeting your communications needs should you decide I can be of service.
If you have a special situation for your Baofeng UV-5RMHP radio needs contact me using the form below –