5/7/2020 – 0800
There are significant indicators that show we could see a rapid decline in the economy, potential supply chain interruptions, and panic buying of certain retail items. Significant to the point that the one or medical/health related items may become unavailable.
With the recent economic developments, recent buying activity indicators, and supply chain disruptions, I am issuing an Immediate Action Warning – Medical.
I believe that the probability exists that as early as late summer or early fall we could see shortages of medical and health related retail items as well as some medications. The recent panic buying has clearly shown that the general public can easily fall prey to mass quantity buying of retail items more out of fear than out of need. Also, China provides 70 – 95% of many common over-the-counter (OTC) medications and 50% +/- of antibiotics… 80 percent of active pharmaceutical ingredients used by US based pharmaceutical manufacturers in the US are produced mostly in China. Should China and increase our existing trade/economic war, escalate the shooting war, or see further supply chain disruptions…these vital pharmaceutical ingredients could become scarce while US based manufacturers ramp up production. The time lag could be 3 – 9 months.
Possible steps to take:
- Acquire 6 months of OTC medications that your family uses.
- Ensure a 60 – 90 day supply of all prescription medications that family members take. Talk to your doctor, many physicians understand the need for a longer-term supply of medications to be “on-hand”.
- Review your specific situation and assess the need for any OTC, trauma injury, or other health injury medication or medical related items. Then acquire what you may need.
- “War game” possible scenarios (anticipate) and assess the need for other medical/health related items that you might need. Then acquire what you may need.
- Acquire and safely store 6 – 12 months of vitamins and supplements. (see note below)
Make sure you properly store all medicines/pharmaceuticals and other related items to ensure their safe use when needed.
Note: I delayed writing this Immediate Action Warning for nearly a week. I was waiting to be 100% confident in what I was seeing…the probability of a serious enough issue to justify this warning. I never hit the 100% confidence level. However, considering the potential impact of not issuing the warning, I decided to proceed with it.
Note: Right after my breakfast in the morning I take:
- 500mg of Vitamin C
- Super Vitamin B-Complex that contains –
- 150mg Vitamin C
- 100mg Thiamine
- 20mg Riboflavin
- 25mg Niacin
- 2mg Vitamin B6
- 680mcg DFE
- 15mcg Vitamin B12
- 30mcg Biotin
- 5.5mg Pantothenic Acid
- 125mg Magnesium Citrate
- 99mg Potassium
- 50mg Zinc Gluconate
(Note: all of the above is followed by 2 snack size Hershey’s chocolate bars)
At night right before bed I take the following:
- 1 Centrum Silver Men 50+ multivitamin
- 1000mg Omega-3 (from fish oil)
- 1200mg Red Yeast Rice
- 1000mg Garlic
(Note: no Hershey’s chocolate bars)
- Injury or Sickness
- Layering & the Common 7: Part #3 – Injury or Sickness
- 7 Days of September – Day #2: Threat of Injury or Sickness
2009 - 2020 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.