Today is Friday July 8th. The economy fell apart two weeks ago, the stock market crashed so low that the government closed it down until the economy stabilized.
There was talk the last week all over the media that criminals, gangs, and drug cartels are taking advantage of the situation. They are leveraging their criminal activity and their large supply of cash to become stronger and a more formidable force at citizen expense.
To combat this new problem the government has just announced that:
- The banks will not open on Monday as normal.
- No debit cards will work either until further notice.
- Credit cards will work as normal at merchants, but not at ATMs until further notice.
- The US Treasurer has issued a statement that it will issue a universal debit card to access cash that is currently in your bank account. No other debit cards will be accepted at any bank or vendor.
- On Monday July 18th all banks will reopen. But they will only be open to issue the new US T-card issued by the US Treasury Department. To obtain the card you must turn in all other debit cards at that time.
- The US Treasury also states no cash will be accepted for any financial transaction until Monday July 25th. At that time the old currency will no longer be legal. A replacement currency, all paper bills, no coins, will be put into service.
- On Monday July 25th banks will only be open to exchange old currency and coins for new currency. The banks will only provide the exchange services for 48 hours. After which time you will no longer be allowed to swap currency, new for old. When turning in old currency and coins you must show a government issued picture ID, be finger printed, and your picture taken.
You’ve talked to your spouse about this. Your spouse thinks there is no need to worry, no reason for alarm, it all makes perfect sense. No one wants criminals to profit from hard times. On the other hand, you have been visiting AHTrimble.comfor over a year now and the SitRep postings tell you something way different than what your spouse is thinking.
What two actions do you and your spouse now take in regards to the news regarding the upcoming Federal government move?
2009 - 2019 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.