Statement – “COVID-19 is More Deadly than the Regular Flu”
So let’s deal with this one once and for all. But in order to do that I need to quiz you to see if you are qualified to understand the answer and/or figure it out on your own. Ready?
- Quiz Question #1: What does “deadly” mean?
Answer something similar to: “lethal means causing, or capable of causing, death”
- Quiz Question #2: Which number is larger; 600 or 20?
- Quiz Question #3: There are two accidents on a highway; 1) accident #1 is a Greyhound bus that hits a bridge, bursts into flames and all 60 people onboard die, 2) accident #2 is a Chevy Volt that hits a street light and kills two people riding in the front seat. Which accident is considered more deadly and why?
Answer: The bus accident, because 30 times more people died that accident.
I sincerely hope you passed with the quiz with an “A”…100% right answers. Since you are reading this on my website I would guarantee you got and “A” with 100% score.
So, back to the hoax statement in question form…Which is more deadly the COVID-19 virus or the regular flu season flu?
FACTS: On average the regular flu season kills more than 600,000 people worldwide, more than 30,000 people each year in the United States. So far (3/26/2020) the COVID-19 virus has killed 24,000 worldwide and 720.
- Final Test Question #1…Which is greater 600,000 or 24,000?
- Final Test Question #2…Which is greater 30,000 or 720?
Test Answer Key –
- Final Question #1: 600,000 is 25times larger than 24,000…so 600,000 is greater than 24,000.
- Final Question #2: 30,000 is 41.67times larger than 720…so 30,000 is greater than 720.
Conclusion:To date the regular flu season is far, FAR more deadly than the COVID-19 virus whether you’re talking in terms of worldwide or the United States. And that is pure mathematical FACT!
Anyone who says COVID-19 is more deadly has one or more of the following problems:
- They don’t understand the meaning of the word “deadly”.
- They lack the most basic of math skills.
- They lack any ability to understand how to compare two numbers to determine which is greater.
- They have an agenda, the foundation of which lays outside of the use of facts.
One note: There is the possibility that COVID-19 could grow in mortality to be more deadly…but that trend line would have to change significantly. And there is no fact that significant of a change will occur. So there is always that probability but it is very, very low at this point…based on FACTS.
2009 - 2020 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.