5/1/2020 – 1100
With the recent alarming developments in the current and potential food distribution chain I am issuing an Immediate Action Warning – Food.
I am warning against the increasing scarcity of some foods in the US. Of current specific concern is meat (i.e. pork and poultry). I have personally confirmed that there are significant problem with major food producers getting meat to the retail markets.
As US fruit and vegetable crops become available for harvesting there could also develop a shortage of farm personnel to harvest those crops. And there is also a similar potential issue getting those crops into the food distribution chain as well.
Possible steps to take:
- Plant a garden with heirloom seeds. It doesn’t matter how large a garden, just get something planted. Prepare to harvest the seeds from your garden. The seeds may be the most valuable part of this year’s crop.
- Begin to acquire additional meat as you would pantry items. Don’t go crazy and spend 100’s or 1000’s of dollars buying meat. But, buy an additional couple of pounds of beef, pork, chicken, or bacon. Freeze it, can it, jerk it, dehydrate it, etc. Any way you wish to preserve it is OK with me. Just get moving on it!
- Acquire additional pantry items. I recommend a minimum of 90 days supply of normal every-day use pantry food.
- Be creative in acquiring your food. Join a co-op, use the LDS church distribution center, go through someone you know who owns a restaurant and buys through a wholesale supplier, go direct to a meat producer and buy 1/2 a pig or beef through them.
- Make sure your food pantry is full.
Do not delay in implementing those things you know need to be done.
2009 - 2020 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.