On Saturday morning I did my annual filter maintenance. And while I did I realized I had made a change last time I did the maintenance I changed the filters, and the .5 (point 5) filter is no longer available.
So I changed the “System Notes” in the Glamstead Water System PDF file.The changes reflect what I am doing now and what filters are available.
For your quick reference the changes are as follows…
12. I labeled the housings #1, #2, #3 with a Sharpie. The filters are sized as:
- Filter Cartridge, 5 Micron, washable (Hydronix SPC-45-2005).
- Filter Cartridge, 1 Micron, washable (Hydronix SPC-45-2001).
- Hydronix CB-45-2001 Whole House, Commercial & Industrial NSF Coconut Carbon Block Water Filter, 1 Micron
13. The reasoning behind the filters is this:
- Larger micron filters are less expensive to purchase.
- 1 micron #2 filters the same size particles as #3. This keeps #3, the most expensive filter cleaner, saving money.
- #3 is a 1 micron carbon block filter for removing tastes, odors, impurities, and contaminants such as microscopic cysts, lead, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) from water. Carbon block is a better technology and higher efficiency than a GAC carbon filter.
Original article (8/30/2022) on our water system: Household Water System
2009 - 2022 Copyright © AHTrimble.com ~ All rights reserved No reproduction or other use of this content without expressed written permission from AHTrimble.com See Content Use Policy for more information.